Yesterday was my first day of juice cleanse. So far it is the longest fast without food that I’ve ever done, more than 24 hours!
Here is what I have done so far:
- 11.30 am: I cooked broccoli soup with roasted potatoes for brunch
- 16.00 pm: I bought chai latte
- 17.00 pm: I ate the remaining Broccoli soup with omelette on the side for my early dinner
- 18.00 pm: I had ginger shot
Day 1 Juice Cleanse
- 9.30 am: I drank a small glass of apple, beet, carrot juice
- 11.00 am: I drank warm ginseng tea
- 12.00 pm: For lunch, I had a big glass of green vegetables juice (my least favorite so far!)
- 15.00 pm: I drank a small glass of turmeric, almond, vanilla juice (my favorite!)
- 18.00 pm: I had a big glass of mix chia seeds, limes, mint juice which was quite tasty as well
- 19.00 pm: I wanted something warm so I heated an almond milk
In the morning, I was already dreaming of solid food for lunch. However, my motivation was still high, therefore I pushed through.
It was the hardest after my juice lunch as my body realized that I did not have solid food yet. A lot of sites recommended me to drink a lot of water during the cleanse, so I did. As a result, I needed to go to the toilet quite often. However, I was still craving food.
It started to get easier after 4 pm. I did not feel too hungry but temptation was everywhere! I accidentally sent a gif of grilled cheese to my colleague. I swallowed my spit in despair.
Then I got “dinner” and it was all easy peasy after that. I wasn’t craving food or feeling hungry anymore. Therefore, I decided to sleep early before I changed my mind.
Surprisingly, I could concentrate very well at my job. I even spent a couple of hours to study for my master’s degree after work.
The only thing that annoyed me was the cold. I felt major chills despite of turning up my heater to the max.
Let’s see what tomorrow brings!