My friend shared me her Annual Review template. Initially I was hesitant to do it because I did not think I have done much this year. After I wrote these timelines, it made me feel content and hopeful.
Even though 2020 was not an ideal year for many of us, I am still very grateful because lots of good things, progress, and lessons happened. Looking backward definitely gave me a different perspective. Here is the template that my friend and I used if you would also like to do your annual review.
⛄ January – March
- Just Juno got selected to pitch at ChangeNow Summit in Paris. It was my first experience pitching abroad in front of 100+ audience.
- First time ever in Warsaw. I was there for business trip with Xandr and extended my stay over the weekend to enjoy the old town, a Chopin Recital, and surprisingly yummy Indonesian food.
- Did my last business trip with Xandr this year to Düsseldorf right before the Covid-19 lockdown. I managed to present in front of 20+ traders. Wanted to present in German but ended up doing it in English.
? April – June
- Pandemic Birthday. I celebrated my birthday completely alone due to the first lockdown. Secretly I loved it. I ordered a fancy menu from Crackers and donuts in Happy Mia-day letter-shaped from my favorite Brammibal’s Donuts.
- First mentorship session with Wedu. It felt very satisfying to be able to provide a tiny contribution to help my mentee to achieve her goals.
- First presentation in German. I cheated and used script in the presentation, however it was the first step to get myself comfortable. I am almost working completely in German now.
? July – September
- My first boating course. It was pretty random, but it felt really good. I got shouted at some point by the instructor since I parked the wrong way, but somehow he grew kinder towards me. I passed both the practice and theory exam fully in German. Now you can call me Captain Mia.
- First time camping and completing Wildnisschule. Fons and Debbie took me to a spontaneous chill camping trip and after that I joined Wildnisschule. It was pretty crazy as I decided to spend one night alone deep in the woods. Definitely one of the scariest moments I have ever experienced.
- Speaking at Dmexco, OMR, and Xandr Connect. It was such a highlight as it has always been on my bucket list to be speaking on an industry’s conference. It was very rewarding and one of my proud & grateful moments. How many women with my background could speak in a big conference like this?!
? October – December
- Taipei Trip. One of my highlights this year is definitely Taipei. Here I made some of my dreams come true like making my own boba and went to a speakeasy bar by myself!
- Sponsored my nephew to pursue bachelor degree in Indonesia. I believe education helped to shape the path to achieve my dream to live abroad. And I hope this way I could help him to achieve his dreams too.
- Got accepted for Master Degree in Artificial Intelligence. I always wanted to do a master degree but had not found the degree that I am interested in until recently. I will be studying at University of York starting from January 11th 2021.
- Sent my first flat reservation. It was almost as scary as my first night in the woods. It is probably the biggest investment I have ever committed myself into.