When I tried to make my own oat milk for the first time, it was a disaster. Slime everywhere!
Now I got smarter ( or google better ) and I want to share the trick with you. Here is my recipe for non-slimy and yummy creamy oat milk.
- 1 cup oats
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinammon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add oats, water, butter, salt, and additional sweetener to the blender (you can also use hand mixer!). Blend for 30 seconds. Do not over-blend as it will make your oat slimy.
- Strain the oat milk mixture by pouring through a nut milk bag. This is my favourite nut milk bag.
- Transfer the oat milk to a milk bottle or mason jar and store in the fridge.